The Eet.nu website (hereafter to be referred to as: “the Site”) is managed by the private limited company Eet.nu B.V, with its registered office and principal place of business in Sittard at the address Brugstraat no. 77.
The conditions for use set out below apply to all users of the Site. By using the Site, your expressly agree with these conditions for use. If you do not agree with the content of these conditions for use, you are not authorised to use the Site.
- Eet.nu has exercised the greatest possible care in the composition and development of the Site and the information it contains. However, Eet.nu does not accept any liability for loss, of whatever nature, which is the direct or indirect result of the use of the Site and actions and decisions which are based on the information contained on the Site.
- The information distributed via the Site is of an informative nature only. Eet.nu does not guarantee, despite the fact it tries to prevent this at all times, that the information contained on the Site is at all times comprehensive, correct, complete or up-to-date and/or that its use shall lead to, or is suitable for, the use desired by the user.
- The information on the Site may be changed by Eet.nu at any moment it desires.
- Eet.nu bears no responsibility for links on the Site to websites of other parties. By following a link it may not be inferred that Eet.nu is involved in the information obtained by such and the placement of a link to a website of third parties does also not imply that Eet.nu subscribes to the information to be obtained there but is only meant as a tool for the user of the Site. Any liability for the accuracy of the information on these other websites is therefore excluded.
- The content and works published on the Site are protected by copyright. Any unauthorised use1 requires the prior written consent of Eet.nu. Unauthorised use includes multiplication, adaptation, translation, storage, processing or representation of the content in databases or other electronic media and systems other than for the production of copies and downloads for personal, private and non-commercial use. Unauthorised multiplication or representation of separate parts of the content or of complete pages of the Site is not permitted and punishable.
- Eet.nu does not bear any responsibility for the content on the Site which has been contributed by the users and does not necessarily subscribe to the content of the published reviews and other messages (hereafter jointly referred to as: “Messages”)
- The information contained in Messages on the Site is fully the responsibility of the user. If Messages are placed on the Site, this does not mean that the content of these Messages are endorsed by Eet.nu. Eet.nu cannot be held liable for the consequences of reading, placing of or responding to Messages on the Site and the activities resulting from this. Every user shall indemnify Eet.nu against any claim arising from the placement of Messages by this user, including but not limited to, claims which are the result of the placement of Messages with copyright-protected material of a third party without the permission of this third party. If necessary Eet.nu shall render the competent authorities all required cooperation in the performance of their duty, in the context of a judicial inquiry for example.
- After the placement of Messages on the Site, the author has no opportunity to amend the content. Eet.nu checks the Messages and reserves the right to remove or amend the Messages as a result of such check at any time without any consultation or announcement being required and/or having to account for itself. The editorial staff will normally only remove Messages which conflict with this disclaimer and/or our Message guidelines. Eet.nu does not accept any liability for the consequences of the placing, amending or removing of Messages.
Also in the light of this disclaimer the users of this Site are at all times advised, before visiting a hospitality establishment included on the Site, to contact the relevant restaurant (by telephone) to verify the details of the information published on the Site.
Eet.nu stores and uses exclusively personal data which during the use of the Site is directly provided by the user to Eet.nu or of which, during submission, it is clear that they are provided to Eet.nu. This concerns, among other things, name, e-mail address, place of birth and possible profile photo. This data is included in the customer database of Eet.nu. By providing the data, the user gives permission for the data to be used for relevant purposes including the personalisation of the Site and the sending of newsletters. Eet.nu may also use the personal data to offer the users personalised advertisements. The IP-adresses from the device that posts a review will be stored along with the review.
Eet.nu may maintain log files of the Site on its own server. These log files contain, amongst other things, the IP-address of the user, the browser used by the user, the time the user visited our website and which pages the user has looked at during their visit. If a user arrived at the Site via another website, that information is also logged.
The log files are used, amongst other things, to manage the Site, to maintain user statistics, including visitor numbers and the interests of our users, and to prevent abuse of the Site and to guarantee safety. The information will, except in respect of security and the prevention of abuse, only be used at a general level. Only general reports about users are prepared, not individual ones.
The log files will be kept no longer than 7 days.
Eet.nu may also gather information with the aid of a cookie. A cookie is a small text file which the server of Eet.nu places on the hard disk of a user. This allows Eet.nu to collect and analyse information about the use of the Site including the domain name, the number of hits, the visited pages of the Site, the previous and next internet sites visited and the duration of the user session to improve the Site on the basis of this information.
Cookies from third parties
Google may pass this information on to third parties insofar this is prescribed by law or insofar as third parties process this information on the instructions of Google. Google shall in no event link the IP-address of the user with other data of Google. By using the Site, the user declares to agree with the processing of the data collected on the user by Google in the manner and for the purposes as set out above.
Eet.nu uses Google and other external advertising companies to show advertisements when a user visits the Site. These companies use, by means of the placement of cookies, possible information (not the name, address, e-mail address or telephone number of the user) about the visit by the user to the Site or to other websites to show advertisements concerning goods and services in which the user might be interested. For more information, please see Google Policies & Principles.
Internet sites of third parties
This privacy statement does not apply to internet sites of third parties which are connected to the Eet.nu by links on the Site.
Eet.nu may at all times change, supplement or remove these conditions or a part thereof. These changes will immediately be placed on the Site. By using the Site after these changes, the users expressly agree to the changes to these conditions.
Applicable law and choice of forum
- The users expressly agree that any disputes arising from the use of the Site are submitted to the District Court Limburg, Maastricht location, except and insofar as the law prescribes a different judicial authority to resolve the dispute.
- Any dispute arising from the use of the Site is governed by Dutch law.